Parents are the lifeblood of our pack. Without them, our program would be limited and our Scouts would be missing out on the fun.
There are many ways to be involved. From Den Leader to Committee Member to Event Planner ... If you want to be involved - we will find the best fit for you. You may be thinking ... "I don't know what I'm doing" ... well, we are all in the same boat. As a team of Leaders, we all work together to help each other out. It doesn't even have to be a defined position, just step in and help.
Time. We all have an abundance of time, right? Not really. While being a Leader does take some extra time commitment - we do our best to minimize the impact. We are all volunteers. We work full time, have children, and other commitments, but we are still here - because Scouting helps the boys to develop skills and interests they can take with them.
It is very easy to become a Trained Leader in our pack. ALL the required training can be taken online - so you can take the training at your own pace.
Parent Action Items
- Volunteer to help with small defined tasks.
- Ask your Den Leader if they need help.
- Ask the Cubmaster or Committee Chair about the needs of the Pack.
- Remain positive and look for ways to improve the program - turn problems into solutions. We are not perfect and we will never will be perfect. So don't expect perfect, expect honest effort.
- Follow the advice we give the boys... Do your best. If that includes getting trained then you need to get trained.
- Encourage other parents to help. Work as a team with projects that need attention.