Face it parents: we grew up in a different time. As kids, nothing was handed to us. We either worked or helped to earn our rewards: money, an activity with friends, or something we wanted. Scouting still believes in and stands for the core value of earning!
Benefits to Your Scout and Family:
- Teaches Scouts the value & process of setting and working toward goals
- Gives Scouts a strong sense of accomplishment through recognition
- Enhances communication, leadership skills and confidence in your Scout
- Scouts can earn valuable rewards including gift cards and prizes
- Scouts can earn their way to an adventure at a Pack Sleepover
Below are the goals you and your Scout should strive for...
- $500.00 per Scout
- $12,000 overall Pack 72 sales
Note: If you have $325 in sales, the Pack will pay your Annual Dues!!
Ways to Sell:
- The Scout, with his Akela, goes door to door with a Take Order Form. Take Order Forms will provided during the Popcorn Kickoff
- The customer writes his/her order on the Take Order Form and the Scout collects the money.
- The Scout processes the order and delivers the Popcorn to the Customer in a few weeks.
Selling at Work
- Mom and/or Dad take an order form to their work.
- Fellow co-workers write their order on the order form and Mom and/or Dad collects the money.
- Mom and/or Dad deliver product in a few weeks.
- If you are interested in selling online, please contact the Popcorn Kernel to register.
- The Scout communicates his Order Key via email, phone, and so on, to potential or existing customers. The Customer can go online and purchase popcorn with a Credit Card
- The Product is shipped directly from to the customer and the Scout and Unit receive credit for the Sale.
Show and Sells
- Show and Sells make up a big part of our popcorn program. We've obtained permission from local businesses to set up a sales table. Show and Sells have plenty of products on-hand for people to buy. Different Scouts work at the table in shifts. Always have adult supervision.
- Check the calendar for show and sell times and other important details.
Scouts can also create their own Show and Sell
- by reaching out to local businesses and getting permission to set up a table for sales. If you do, be sure to let us know. We're happy to help you help us by coordinating other Scout's participation and providing the popcorn!
Signing up for Show and Sells
- Please contact the Popcorn Kernel to sign up for Show and Sells.
- Scouts should participate in as many Show and Sells as possible
Prizes and Rewards:
There will be prizes and rewards for Highest Seller, and based on overall sales total. This information will be released closer to Turn in Day so you can select your prizes.
Our fundraising effort helps to make Scouting a great experience for our sons, siblings and parents. Here is a just a small sampling of the 2017/18 activities supported by your fund raising efforts and participation:
- Pack/Den supplies
- Thanksgiving Dinner/Camp out
- Pack meeting refreshments
- Pinewood derby kits, trophies
- Family Camp
- Rocket kits, launches
- Blue and Gold Celebration
- Scout patches, badges and recognition awards